How Then Shall we Vote?
Here are some biblical, logical and Christian Worldview guidelines that you can apply to almost all arenas. If you agree with and act on them, I believe we can effect some great changes in our nation. You’ll notice that some of these repeat various overlapping themes.
1. Vote biblically.
2. Vote for morality over economics (morals over money). For example, do not vote for someone who will generate jobs but is pro-choice or socialistic. You are hurting society and your kids and violating God’s laws.
3. Remember being just fiscally conservative is self-defeating as we showed. The moral issues will soon become unsolvable fiscal issues. We want a Fiscal and Moral Conservative. Vote for the former only as a last resort.
4. Never vote for any law that would “stick it” to a group of individuals who are not doing anything immoral. It’s mean-spirited, ungodly, and reminiscent of what the Nazi’s did and eventually it will bite you. Remember, when income taxes were first sold to the Americans in 1913, they were told, only the filthy rich would pay them. They started at 3%. Yet, in a few short years, tax rates were as high at 90% and everybody was forced to pay taxes. This has been repeated many times in the last few years. Think luxury taxes, or recently “Cadillac health plan taxes” or even unfair taxes on an isolated group of people like doctors. The National Socialists did this to any group of people they did not like, like the Jews.
5. Vote for long term results over short term results.
6. Make sure the person you vote for, knows the difference between God given unalienable rights and “goods.” A right is something that we are given from God and is not based on someone else’s sacrifice. Goods are things that are the product of someone’s work. You have a right to your own goods, but you have no right to anyone else’s goods. For instance food, healthcare, clothing and a house, are all goods. No one has a right to these. The only right they have is the freedom to strive to gain these goods without unfair rules regulations or oppression. A government that allocates goods as rights will eventually have to enslave some or all men to ensure an ample supply of those goods.
7. When voting for a proposition, ask yourself: Is this proposition allocating goods as rights? If so vote “No.” Even if you really wish you could have those “goods.”
8. Do not vote for the public to pay for things like a ball park. A ball park is a “good” not a right. It’s not the government’s job to provide that good. It’s wrong for you to force others to pay for that good. If ball parks were such good investments then private venture would have paid for it. Imagine if it was Toyota trying to force the government to buy them a bigger factory because they would hire more workers which would need more stores and homes etc? Where do you draw the line? When governments get involved in private enterprise they mess things up. Governments should give tax breaks to everyone and stay away.
9. Vote for lower taxes, as higher taxes put a burden on parents and force them to have to both work. This, as we have seen unfortunately increases crime, anger and dysfunctional kids. They also reduce the money that goes to churches for the work of God and churches are who should providing welfare for the needy. High taxes kill jobs. Recently a medium sized company in California decided to move their headquarters to the Netherlands (how ironic). Why? Because the Dutch government promised that their tax rate would go as low as 10% compared to the over 35% it is here. This would move about 300 jobs to the Netherlands for the company’s finance and administration departments not to mention all the rent and tax money from those 300 jobs and entertainment budgets and so on. The US and California need to incentivize these folks to stay, not chase them away.
10. Do not vote for bonds. They are just an expensive way to borrow money. If your government cannot afford something even if it’s critical, like any responsible company or person, it has to cut its spending somewhere else. In a company, if you have to spend more on R&D you spend less on the Christmas party. In a family if you spend extra for medicine, you eat out less. You don’t just go into debt. That’s sheer folly.
11. Don’t blindly believe the stories the media tells about people. Remember Dan Rather who blindly parroted a false story about Bush, because the ignorant idiot Dan never did any research? Remember all the nonsense that was said about Sarah Palin wanting to ban books or about her son not really being her son? These were all totally made up. The media is supposed to investigate and dig out the truth after they’ve researched it. But they don’t, because they have an agenda. So don’t be manipulated. There are a lot more lies and half-truths in the media today, especially since they have no moral values themselves except their agenda. They lie knowingly. By the way it was Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live who said she could see Russia from her back door not Sarah Palin. Make sure you do your own research. The Media lies. For evidence of this see Bernard Goldberg’s book, Bias: A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News, Regnery Publishing 2001. By the way, Bernie is a liberal, so you are getting an inside view.
12. Do not vote to give any powers to a “good” person or administration that you would not want a “bad” person to have. Any power you give to a President that you like will be a power that a President that you don’t like, will also have. Remember that all men have a sin nature and eventually one will be elected who will use that power that you gave good men, for evil.
13. Vote for Christians or Jews who have a voting record that coincides with the moral heart of God not the charity heart of God, because justice, not charity is the job of government. However, it is of great value to watch what each person has personally done charitably in their own lives. For instance, Obama while greatly propounding government charity (that is other people’s money) gave less than 1% of his high own income to others. As I’ve said, it is a true test of the character of a man to see how he proposes to take and use your money for good works but refuses to use his own.
14. Remember, and this is ever so important: We all know fakers, and hypocrites. Anybody and I mean, anybody can use “Christianese” and sound like a Christian. What you have to do is look at their Worldview. Do they have a Christian/Godly Worldview? How do they view the world? How do they live their lives? Do they speak the words but not live the life? Do they really believe? It will be obvious in their lives. Bill Clinton and Barack Obama were very good at using Christian language and terms, but a simple survey of their past actions would have immediately revealed that they did not really believe what God-fearing Evangelicals, Catholics and Jews believe. They did not have a Godly Worldview. As a result, when they took office they immediately appointed anti-Christian individuals and took actions that were immoral and unbiblical. Appointing men who were tax cheats to run the IRS and Treasury Departments and men who were promoters of homosexual pedophilia to be in charge of schools. Obama’s School Czar was responsible for pushing books to kids that were sexually graphic. Do not presume that a man will govern any differently than what he truly believes.
15. Look to see if they fail any of the litmus tests i.e. are they:
a. Pro-abortion or pro-choice
b. Pro-homosexuality or heterosexual immorality in any of its guises
d. Pro-income redistribution
e. Pro handouts vs. Tough Love
f. Multi-cultural to the point of hating America: While they should respect other cultures, do they believe in preserving the American culture and its Judeo-Christian traditions or are they at the core anti-American and anti-Jew or anti-Christian? Remember I’m an immigrant saying this. I came to America because it was America. I don’t want it to become India or Sudan or even Switzerland.
g. Anti-founder: Do they despise our founders? Do they even believe America was founded by Christians who believed in the Moral Law (even if they are Jewish)? If they don’t, then they are a threat to the traditions and future of America as a great nation. This includes the English language. Again, remember that I’m saying this as someone of East Indian origin born and brought up in Africa and the Middle East. I’ve lived in other countries, some that have split over or are killing each other based on cultural divides defined by language. You don’t want to emulate them.
h. Anti-History: Do they try to rewrite the history of this nation’s foundation?
i. Have they cheated on their wives and have not genuinely repented?
16. Do not vote for any person who will not vote his own conscience, or who cannot articulate the difference between a democracy and a republic and why a democracy is so dangerous.
17. Remember the sin nature of man and tough love. Do not vote for anything that allows people to indulge their sin nature without consequences– be it laziness, sexual immorality, or whatever. True love will be strong and stern and move people out of dependency on the Government and handouts.
18. Remember that biblically, the purpose of government is not to redistribute wealth but to protect citizens from evil people and provide justice. There is no way to biblically support socialism, you can biblically support your own donations, but you can never biblically support the concept of forcing others to donate. So never vote for government handouts in any form. If you see starving people, take up a voluntary donation or work with existing organizations. Do not subsidize a bond or raise taxes on others.
19. Do not vote or support any politician who has ever added “earmarks” into a proposed budget, even if they helped your state financially. That politician has stolen from other people to pay you. This is not just.
20. Make sure they believe that it’s the church’s place and the voluntary giving of kind individuals to provide goods to those who are unable to get those for themselves, not the governments’.
21. Make sure they love the Constitution of the United States, and will protect it and observe it. Do not vote for anyone who does not understand how the Constitution is to be interpreted or why it is “living” through amendments not through unelected judges.
22. Make sure they are proud to be an American and love this country. This is obvious. Governments are created to preserve the nation. Any election of a person who would destroy the nation will hurt us all and violates the very reason we created that government to begin with. Don’t vote for anyone who wants to equalize or diminish America in any way.
23. Make sure they are for smaller government and for reducing the size of government and giving more power to the states and individuals.
24. Make sure they are not past members of any sort of socialist party. Unless they’ve publically recanted all their stances, explained why they changed their mind and you see evidence that they have written and legislated in a different way since then.
25. Make sure you know whom their friends are and what their friends believe. Remember the old proverb? A man is known by the company he keeps.
26. And finally and most importantly, do they understand what the primary moral code of our republic is? Do they believe it is the Judeo-Christian moral code as documented in the Bible? Do they know what Natural Law is?
May I be so bold as to suggest that you copy and paste this list on your refrigerator every election season? If you want an easy to print and email version, that is being updated regularly go to
“How Then Shall We Vote” Ver. 101010 © Neil Mammen www.JesusIsInvolvedInPolitics.com
Permission is granted to copy this list and/or send as an email as long as the copyright and source website notation is included.
 'Sex acts between preschoolers' among subjects of books backed by openly 'gay' Obama adviser. http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=117978